January 28, 2004

In memoriam of Dane-Dane, who died 28 of January 2004...

Yeah. He's dead...the first rabbit I actually had...
I got him for $50, cage and all from a shop after he was abandoned...by that time he was already big and a few years old. Now that I think of it, I regret having lost interest over time...at first I used to see him everyday...then school, homework and other stuff just started to come in, and I had hardly enough time for him anymore, even though I did visit him once in a while. I remember when I got another rabbit, I was like, fussing over the newbie, whose cage was just next to Dane's, and I think he got jealous or something and peed on my leg. It didn't make me angry...just that I realised that I had been neglecting him all this while, and he was just lonely...
Maybe like I was sometimes, except that I never did show it much.
The last time I went to see him, it was days, probably weeks ago. If I had gone to see him earlier this morning, I might have been able to see him, alive, for the last time in his life. I'm crying now...not that it'll help...but I can't control it. I'm probably guilty. And I'm really surprised to see that no one else in the family is even close to crying...am I too sensitive? I don't know. I don't care. I'm just too upset to bother. Just when I had a not so perfect day. Getting mad for the first time in school, at Fiona, forgetting to leavesome extra Pocky in the box when offering it to people, having so much homework...there's just not much I can do now...I just hope that his spirit, or whatever, is at ease...hope that if he can feel it, he doesn't blame me for being so bochup. Is there anything I can do? ...

Maybe I'll leave a page on my webbie, just dedicated to Dane-Dane.

Life is precious...It's just there, and if you don't treasure someone, you might regret it later, when that person is gone, and you've decided that that person had been important to you, and you haven't spent enough time with him/her/it. Which is why I try to be nice to all my friends when I have the chance to, and regret it when I miss it. Which is why I love my life, and why I think suicides are utterly pointless, and are just useless wastes. Think about it...have you talked to any of your closest friends today? Have you ever thought about what life would be like without them? Give it a thought...

I guess...that's helped me feel better...I really hope this is the only sad blog post that'll ever be here. But there's always the inevitable. Those that you can't prevent...the only way through is to live it the best you can, and be content with it.

That's enough of a rant...20 minutes of it. If you see me with eyes red as a rabbit's tomorrow, you'll know why. Mata.
~ShikuroNEKU

ShikuroNEKU's mood:

No comments: